By Madeline Plesac (Alpha Beta, Purdue University), Associate Director of Advancement
It’s that time of year – the season of giving – and tomorrow is #GivingTuesday! If you’re new to #GivingTuesday, it’s a global day of giving that encourages people to do good. Whether its making someone smile or helping a sister out, everyone has something to give. Grab your favorite fuzzy socks, a warm drink and join us in rekindling the spirit of sisterhood! Here are five ways you can participate in #GivingTuesday.
- Give dollars. Celebrate #GivingTuesday by making a gift to the Alpha Chi Omega Foundation’s Real. Strong. Women.® Fund. Your dollars will impact all Alpha Chi Omegas and go toward the greatest needs of our sisterhood, which includes programs like Leadership Academy, domestic violence awareness and Women & Wisdom mentoring program.
- Give time. Volunteers are key to making Alpha Chi Omega the organization it is today. Over 3,000 real, strong women across the country give their time as volunteers on a local, regional or national level. Interested in getting involved? Check out our open volunteer positions here.
- Give kindness. A seemingly small act of kindness has the power to inspire generosity that can catalyze change. Buy someone’s coffee, compliment a stranger or connect with a sister. No number of years or miles can ever come between you and Alpha Chi Omega!
- Give goods. Work with your chapter to organize a donation drive. You may collect toiletries, books, clothes or food to share with your local women’s shelter or another cause dear to your heart. Be sure to check with your local nonprofit to see what items they need most.
- Give thanks. Share what you’re #AXOthankful for! Whether you share on social media, at your next chapter meeting or send a handwritten note, let your sisters know you’re thankful for them. Follow the hashtag #AXOthankful to see what other Alpha Chis are thankful for!
We’d love to hear how you’re “doing good.” Be sure to share on social media with the hashtags #AXOGivingTuesday and #AXOthankful.
Ready to make a gift to #GivingTuesday? Click here to donate now!